Which browsers will give me the best experience?
We recommend upgrading your web browser to its most current version. Newer versions load faster and display better-looking pages. You can successfully navigate our site in any of the browser versions listed below, but with the newest version you will have the best experience. Although we do recommend using the newest version of your web browser, alaskaair.com supports the following browser versions.
Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (PC)
Download Internet Explorer
Firefox 3.0 or higher (PC or Mac)
Chrome latest version* (PC or Mac)
* As Chrome automatically updates, we continue to test and support the most current version available.
Safari 3.0 or higher (Mac)
Why isn't my browser listed?
Just because your browser is not listed here does not mean it does not work. We have evaluated some of the most popular browsers and will continue to test and update our findings. If yours is not listed then give it a try. We are told many browsers do work with our site.
I am using a listed browser and I still can't purchase a ticket.
You may not be able to purchase a ticket for one of the following reasons:
- You are accessing our site from behind a firewall that does not permit secure sessions.
- Your secure browser has version 3 of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) turned on. This can usually be disabled by editing your security options under the browser options/preferences.
- Your browser is not configured to support secure transactions (SSL).
If you are using a supported browser and still are unable to use our site, email Customer Care.
- Browser name
- Browser version
- Type of computer
- Whether you purchased a reservation (did you provide payment information?) or not