Restrictions and Embargoes
The Federal Aviation Administration and the Transportation Security Administration have stringent guidelines concerning the transportation of air cargo. All shippers must meet Known Shipper requirements.
Size / Weight Limitations
Shipment size, weight, packaging and items of a hazardous nature are restricted by Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air.
Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air has various seasonal and station restrictions. Also note some of the restrictions below. Interline service on partner carriers may be available.
Service Embargo - No Live Animal (AVI) to/from
- Houston (IAH), Texas - Effective immediately, all live animal shipments are embargoed through October 1, 2013 due to temperatures exceeding 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Service Embargo - No General Freight (GEN) to/from
- Dutch Harbor (DUT), Alaska - Goldstreak (GSX), Priority (PRI), and Live Animal (AVI) only to/from DUT.
No cargo or GoldStreak service available
- Calgary (YYC), Canada
- Edmonton (YEG), Canada
- Kelowna (YLW), Canada
- Loreto (LTO), Mexico
- Mammoth Lakes/Yosemite (MMH), California
- Manzanillo (ZLO), Mexico
- Mexico City (MEX), Mexico
- Santa Rosa (STS), California
- Victoria (YYJ), Canada
GoldStreak Service Only
- Long Beach (LGB), CaliforniaOrange County (SNA), California
Inbound GoldStreak and Live Animal Service Only
- Burbank (BUR), California (* NO Outbound Shipments from BUR)
GoldStreak, Priority and Live Animal Service Only
- Honolulu (HNL), Hawaii
- Kona (KOA) Hawaii
- Lihue (LIH), Hawaii
- Maui (OGG), Hawaii