Put your mind at ease by protecting yourself, your valuables, and your travel. We know that taking a trip can have a lot of exciting and, sometimes, uncertain twists and turns. We want you to be prepared for everything that comes your way.
Check out trip protection from our preferred provider Allianz Global. They pride themselves on providing the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. For more information about trip protection, visit the Question and Answer page or contact Allianz Global Assistance.
Two Easy Ways to Purchase:
- If you have not yet purchased your ticket, select trip protection when you buy your ticket on alaskaair.com.
- If you have already purchased your tickets and would like to add trip protection you may do so by clicking below.
If you make any changes to your travel plans after you've purchased trip protection, you will need to contact Allianz Global Assistance to ensure your coverage is still valid.
Trip protection may provide coverage for:
- Reimbursement of the nonrefundable portion of your travel investment if you have to cancel or interrupt your travel for a covered reason.
- Reimbursement for unexpected travel expenses you might incur.
- 24-hour access to emergency medical referrals and assistance.
- Medical assistance abroad (your case will be monitored by staff back home).
Covered reasons for trip cancellation/interruption may include but are not limited to:
- Illness, injury and death of a covered family member or traveling companions.
- Jury duty, court order or subpoena requiring you to cancel your trip.
- Employer termination - if you or a traveling companion have been with the same employer for at least 3 continuous years, and are terminated through no fault of your own.
- Fire, flood, burglary, vandalism or natural disasters making your home uninhabitable.
- You or a traveling companion being personally involved in a traffic accident while directly en route to departure.
Satisfaction Guarantee: We will refund your insurance premium if you cancel your insurance within 10 days of purchase and have not filed a claim or departed on your trip.
Please refer to the Certificate of Insurance/Policy for coverage information and the limitations, conditions and exclusions that may apply.
Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakwood Terrace, IL), rated "A-" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series or 52.401 series, or Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 101-C series or 101-P series, depending on the insured's state. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company.
Please be advised: This optional coverage may duplicate coverage already provided by your personal auto insurance policy, homeowner's insurance policy, personal liability insurance policy or other source of coverage. This insurance is not required in connection with the insured's purchase of travel tickets. Plan may not be available in all jurisdictions. Must be a U.S. resident to purchase this insurance.
California Residents: This plan contains disability insurance benefits or health insurance benefits, or both, that only apply during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that already provides you with these benefits. You should review your existing policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer or health plan. We are doing business in California as Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Agency, License # 0B01400.
Florida Residents: The benefits of the Policy providing your coverage are governed primarily by the law of a state other than Florida.
New York Residents: The licensed producer represents the insurer for purposes of the sale. Compensation paid to the producer may depend on the policy selected, or the producer's expenses, volume of business, or profitability. The purchaser may request and obtain information about the producer's compensation, except as other provided by law.
Utah Residents: We are doing business in Utah as Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Agency.