Tips for Groups
Planning travel for a group can be difficult. Here are some tips to help you find the best deal for your group and to make planning your group travel easier.
- Plan in advance. Reserve your travel as soon as you know when and where you want to travel, and how many will be traveling.
- Be flexible. Consider multiple dates (such as any weekend in May instead of Memorial Day weekend), multiple destination options (such as Disneyland® or Walt Disney World®), and even alternative airports (such as Burbank instead of Los Angeles).
- Travel on Tuesdays, Wednesday or Saturdays. These are the best days of the week to find group travel discounts.
- Choose destinations with many flights per day. You’ll probably find better flight availability and discounts for destinations that have several flights per day.
- Estimate your group size appropriately. If you only need 20 tickets, don't request 40. Bigger isn't always better.
- Avoid the most popular travel dates. (Thanksgiving, winter holidays, national holidays and school breaks). Group reservations may be available during these peak times, but discounts may not be.
- Be aware of peak and off seasons for your preferred destination. Fares are generally lower in the off season. In addition, some destinations have a "shoulder" season between the peak and off seasons, and you might find better fares at those times.