Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
Assistance for Travelers with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
We are pleased to provide assistance for travelers who have developmental and intellectual disabilities.
To help us offer you the best travel experience please:
- Make reservations as early as possible. The service(s) can be requested online or over the phone.
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure when requesting these services.
- Let us know of any special requirements - at check-in, in the boarding area, and on the aircraft.
We will be happy to escort those who need help to and from the aircraft and between gates, however, we do not have an adult assistance program in which continual care is provided.
- Our escort will be unable to remain with the traveler.
- If a traveler is in need of continual care while onboard the aircraft, or is unable to respond to crew member instructions or assist in their own evacuation, a ticketed safety assistant must accompany the traveler.
- An adult traveler (18 and older) with a cognitive or developmental disability cannot claim child traveler status. Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service is only for children ages 5-17.
Depending on your browser, you may need to select "YouTube" to activate captioning
You may find the following resources useful: