Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
Assistance for Customers with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilties
Alaska Airlines is pleased to provide assistance for our travelers who have developmental and intellectual disabilities.
To receive the optimal service as a traveler, it is recommended that you:
- Make reservations as early as possible. Assistance can be requested online or over the phone.
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure when requesting assistance.
- Let us know of any special requirements - at check-in, in the boarding area, and on the aircraft.
Alaska Airlines provides escort assistance to individuals who need help to and from the aircraft, and assistance between gates, however, we do not have an adult assistance program in which continual care is provided.
- The escort will be unable to remain with the traveler.
- If a traveler is in need of continual care while onboard the aircraft, a ticketed safety assistant must accompany the traveler. ( e.g. traveler cannot respond to crew member instructions or assist in his/her own evacuation from the aircraft)
Please note: Customers should not request to have an adult traveler (age 18 and older) with a cognitive or developmental disability arranged as a child traveler. Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service is only for children ages 5-17.
Depending on your browser, you may need to select "YouTube" to activate captioning
Families and individuals on the autism spectrum may find these additional resources useful.