This house is one of the few remaining examples of Russian colonial architecture in North America. Completed in 1842, it was the center of the Russian Orthodox Church until it closed in 1969. Then, the National Park Service restored the property and transformed it into a museum, which now offers guided tours highlighting historic artifacts, the bishop's chambers and a private chapel.
This park is Alaska's oldest federally designated park and was established in 1910 to commemorate the 1804 Battle of Sitka. Authentic totem poles set along the scenic coastal trails tell the history of native Tlingit and Haida people with intricate carvings, rich colors, and animal symbols such as bears, ravens, and eagles.
The Alaska Raptor Center has become the state's foremost bald eagle hospital and educational center. Each year, it provides medical treatment to 100-200 injured bald eagles and other birds such as hawks, falcons and owls. Trainers lead visitors through insightful tours of the facilities, where you can watch eagles at a flight-training center through one-way mirrors.