Alaska air cargo
Updated July 2016
737-400 freighter hi-res image
Alaska Airlines cargo consumer information
Alaska air cargo operates the most extensive air cargo operation on the U.S. West Coast of any passenger airline. The combined team of Alaska Air Group Cargo Services covers more than 85 cities from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, to Barrow, Alaska, and between Boston and the Hawaii Islands and beyond.
- Alaska Air Cargo will ship virtually anything to more than 85 destinations.
- Annually Alaska Air Cargo ships over 170 million pounds of cargo, including seafood, mail and freight.
- More than 21 million pounds of fresh Alaska seafood are transported each year from fishing towns throughout Alaska to markets and restaurants across the country.
- Alaska currently operates both all-cargo and combi (part cargo/part passenger) aircraft.
- In 2017, the combis will exit the fleet and be replaced by three 737-700 freighters. The change to an all-freighter cargo fleet will allow Alaska Air Cargo to serve the State of Alaska better. The -700s are more fuel efficient and can fly more than 1,000 nautical miles beyond the range of the -400s – giving the airline potential to fly into new markets.