Pet Travel Embargo - Extreme Heat
Effective June 17-25, 2017: Due to extreme heat forecasts, we will not accept pets for travel in the baggage or cargo hold to, from, or through Las Vegas, Ontario, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Sacramento, or Tucson. Small pets traveling in the cabin will still be accepted. Learn more about our pet travel policies.
Travel to/from San Francisco (SFO)
Alaska Airlines is currently operating out of both the International Terminal and Terminal 2. Here's some information you may find helpful on your day of travel.
Flights departing from SFO:
- To Palm Springs, Portland, or Seattle: Check in at Terminal 2, Door 2. Flights will depart from the Terminal 2, Gates 50-59.
- All other flights: Check in at the International Terminal, Aisle 12. These flights will depart from the International Terminal, Boarding Area A.
You can obtain boarding passes for any flight at either terminal, but you must check your bags at your departure terminal.
Flights arriving into SFO:
- From Palm Springs, Portland, or Seattle: Flights arriving from Seattle, may arrive into either Terminal 2 or the International Terminal. We encourage you to check flight status to determine your arrival terminal.
- All other flights: All other flights are scheduled to arrive into the International Terminal.
Connecting flights in SFO:
If your connecting flight departs from a different terminal, you will need to leave security and take the AirTrain to your departing terminal. AirTrain is 5-7 minute experience between Terminal 2 and the International Terminal, however travel time from farthest International gate to the Alaska Airlines gates in Terminal 2 could take up to 35 minutes.
- International Terminal: AirTrain is located just outside the security checkpoint.
- Terminal 2: AirTrain is located between the garage and the terminal. Upper level thru a sky bridge, then up an additional level to Air Train platform.
Travel to/from Orange County (SNA)
Beginning on Sunday, June 11, Alaska Airlines will relocate its John Wayne Airport operations to Terminal B. Alaska Airlines currently operates out of Terminal A. Passengers flying on Alaska Airlines at John Wayne Airport will find their ticket counters, gates and baggage carousel in Terminal B. Alaska Airlines’ ticket counter will relocate next to the United Airlines ticket counter on the Departure (upper) Level. Alaska Airlines guests will retrieve their checked luggage at Baggage Carousel 3, and the Alaska Baggage Claim office will be located on the Arrival (lower) Level in Terminal B.
Travel from Kodiak, Alaska (ADQ)
Due to airport construction, passengers may experience longer than normal wait times for baggage drop, check-in, and security screening. Please arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure.
Travel from Victoria. B.C. (YYJ)
Due to airport construction, passengers are experiencing longer than normal wait times for baggage check-in. Please arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure.
Travel from Canada
Passengers are experiencing longer than normal wait times at security checkpoints when departing from Canada. We recommend the following to help expedite the process through security lines and US Border Protection in Calgary (YYC), Edmonton (YEG), and Vancouver (YVR).
Travel from Kona (KOA): Due to high customer volume, expect long lines at check in and security. We strongly suggest that all guests arrive at the airport 2.5 hours prior to departure.