Restrictions and embargoes
The Federal Aviation Administration "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." and the Transportation Security Administration "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." have stringent guidelines concerning the transportation of air cargo. All shippers must meet Known Shipper requirements.
Size / Weight limitations
Shipment size, weight, packaging and items of a hazardous nature are restricted by Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air.
Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air has various seasonal and station restrictions. Also note some of the restrictions below. Interline service on partner carriers may be available.
Service embargo - no general freight (GEN) to/from
- Dutch Harbor (DUT), Alaska - Goldstreak (GSX), Priority (PRI), and Live Animal (AVI) only to/from DUT.
No cargo or GoldStreak service available
- Albequerque (ABQ), New Mexico
- Calgary (YYC), Canada
- Charleston (CHS), South Carolina
- Edmonton (YEG), Canada
- Kelowna (YLW), Canada
- Loreto (LTO), Mexico
- Mammoth Lakes/Yosemite (MMH), California
- Manzanillo (ZLO), Mexico
- Mexico City (MEX), Mexico
- Milwaukee (MKE), Wisconsin
- Santa Rosa (STS), California
- Victoria (YYJ), Canada
Inbound GoldStreak and live animal service only
- Burbank (BUR), California (NO Outbound Shipments from BUR)
GoldStreak, priority and live animal service only
- Honolulu (HNL), Hawaii
- Kona (KOA) Hawaii
- Lihue (LIH), Hawaii
- Maui (OGG), Hawaii