Alaska Airlines respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information we collect on the websites and mobile application (collectively, the "Sites") listed here.
- res.asvacations.com (vacation site)
- m.alaskaair.com (mobile site)
- Alaska Airlines mobile apps for Android, and iOS
- Alaska Airlines Windows 8 app
- Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air Career websites
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on the Sites, how we may use that information and with whom we may share it. The Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to ask us to update your preferences regarding how we communicate with you or answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Directly to Us
When you visit the Sites, you may provide personal information directly to us, including:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address
- Travel information, such as flight, hotel and vehicle reservation information
- Certain categories of special needs (such as wheelchair use)
- You purchase a ticket or other goods or services through the Sites
- Birth date and gender
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Redress Number
- Payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date
- Gift card and travel certificate information, such as card code, PIN number, and e-ticket number
- Confirmation code, and e-ticket number, Mileage Plan™ number and other awards or loyalty program numbers
- The location of your device (if you use our mobile app, Windows 8 app, or mobile website to search for the nearest airport or float plane dock)
- Information provided to us by Facebook when you use the Facebook-related functionality of our apps, including (depending on the app) your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, hometown and location, list of friends (including their photos), and friends' hometowns and locations (but please note that the Facebook login information you enter in our apps to activate the Facebook functionality is collected directly by Facebook, and we do not have access to this information)
- Information about your education, work and military history, citizenship or legal work eligibility status, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you wish to apply, such as whether you are at least 18 years of age.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, Web server logs and Web beacons.
Cookies are small files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites.
Our Web servers may log information such as your device and operating system type, browser type, domain, device ID, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record information such as the address of the Web page that referred you to our Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags on our Web pages called "Web beacons", which are small files that allow us to understand the actions of visitors to our Sites, and we use similar technology to analyze users' interactions with our Mobile Apps.
Interest Based Advertising
On our websites, information may be collected about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. This section of our Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you when you visit the Sites for various purposes, including to:
- Verify your identity
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your accounts
- Process your purchases and payments
- Administer contests, sweepstakes and surveys
- Contact you with marketing communications
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research and data analytics; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services, and Sites; administering our Sites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities)
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality
- Alaska Airlines uses the Evidon assurance service to comply with the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). As part of this service, online advertisements and websites are sometimes delivered with icons that help consumers understand how their data is being used and provide choice options to consumers that want more control.
Information We Share
We may share personal information we collect on our Sites with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We may also share certain personal information among our affiliates and joint marketing partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including for their marketing purposes.
We may share personal information with authorized operators of websites and applications that interact with our systems if you choose to use their applications to interact with us or if you otherwise authorize those operators to access our record of your personal information. For example, if you log in through an authorized third-party mobile app that allows you to view your Mileage Plan™ account, we may share personal information with the operator of the mobile app. Such operators' use of the information may be subject to their own privacy policies, which we strongly recommend you review before logging in through their applications. We are not responsible for such operators' privacy practices, which are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
As mandated by the U.S. government and governments outside the U.S., Alaska Airlines will provide to those governments specific passenger information collected on our Sites for travelers crossing international borders. For flights within the U.S., and pursuant to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Secure Flight Program, Alaska Airlines is required to collect and transmit the following passenger information: Name, Birth Date, Gender and Redress Number, if available, to the TSA. For information from the TSA about its privacy practices, please visit www.tsa.gov.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
If you would like to update or modify your personal information or subscription preferences, you may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below. If you have an online account at alaskair.com, you also can login and visit the My Account section; from there you can modify your personal information or click on Manage Email to update your communication preferences. To update your subscription preference for Alaska Airlines Vactions, please log in to your account at https://res.asvacations.com/Account/Default.aspx You also may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any promotional email you receive from us. You may choose to opt out from Bank of America and other companies by calling toll free 1-888-5-OPT-OUT (1-888-567-8688).
To remove or delete our Facebook apps from your account, follow the instructions at https://www.facebook.com/help/170585223002660.
If you have created an account on our careers pages, you can modify or delete your weekly job agent emails by logging in, visiting the "career opportunities" section, and then clicking on "Search Opportunities" to see a list of all your weekly job agent emails.
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you may ask us to provide you with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (ii) the identity of the third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide on our Sites against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
Links to other Websites
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Those websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us, such as the Bank of America website on which you can apply for an Alaska Airlines-branded credit card. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Alaska Airlines, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
The Sites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the Sites. If we are notified that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the Sites, we will delete the information from our records.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will post a prominent notice on alaskaair.com to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us as indicated below:
Alaska Airlines Customer Care Department
P.O. Box 24948 - SEAGT
Seattle, WA 98124-0948
1-800-654-5669 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. (PT)