At times severe weather does not permit us to fly into or out of Sun Valley. Call the Sun Valley Weather Hot Line six hours prior to your scheduled flight departure at 208-788-1281 (prompt 4) for a recorded message regarding your flight.
Please make sure to include a local Sun Valley contact number when you make your reservation, so that we may better communicate with you during adverse weather.
Alternate Transportation Options
When severe weather does not permit us to fly into or out of Sun Valley, we offer bussing as alternate transportation, or you may provide your own transportation to/from Boise airport.
Bus Service To Boise
If you choose to utilize our bussing service from Sun Valley, please note the following information:
- Check in for bussing is 1 hour before estimated time of bus departure
- Alaska Airlines agents will rebook connecting flight when needed, fees and add collects waived
- Your bags will be checked and pre-screened in Sun Valley
- You will go through security screening upon arrival in Boise
- Pets pre-authorized for travel in the airplane cabin may be transported inside the bus. All other pets must travel in the baggage compartment of the bus. Please note that this compartment is unheated
Provide Your Own Transportation To Boise
If you choose to provide your own transportation from Sun Valley, please note the following information:
- You must contact Alaska Airlines reservations at 1-800-252-7522 (TTY/TDD: 1-800-682-2221)
to advise that you have alternate airport transportation. Otherwise your flights may be cancelled when you do not board the bus.
- Alaska Airlines agents will rebook connecting flights when needed, fees and add collects waived
- If you choose to drive to Boise rather then take the bus you must take your baggage with you
- You and your bags will go through security screening in Boise