Alaska Airlines – investing in our communities
At Alaska Airlines, we are committed to serving the communities where a significant number of our employees live or work. Our giving has spanned over 35 years, and over the past five years Alaska Airlines has invested $45 million in cash or in-kind donations. In addition to our corporate donations, our employees give back through matching gifts, volunteer time and food drives - impacting nonprofits with over $700,000 annually.
When considering requests, we partner with organizations and efforts that are most likely to enhance a community's cultural and economic vitality, improving the quality of life for its citizens. While we provide support for a wide range of concerns and needs, our corporate giving efforts are focused on Youth and Education, Medical (emergency/research), and Community Outreach.
Youth and Education
Dedicated to improving education outcomes by developing resources, mentors, workforce development and leadership support. Through targeted giving we are engaging the leaders of tomorrow.
Alaska Airlines works with several non-profit organizations to respond to needs for health and human services relief, especially in the state of Alaska, where transportation infrastructure limits access to medical facilities. Through our partnerships with Angel Flight West and the Shriners' Hospitals provide well over 1,700 complimentary passenger seats each year for those needing treatment in another city.
From Make-A-Wish Foundations to Special Olympics, we have established many partnerships within our communities. Our in-kind support of air transportation enables many organizations to raise money and grant special wishes to children. Across our system, our employees use their hearts and hands serving as board members with non-profit organizations, volunteering in their communities, and participating in fundraisers.
How to apply
For more information about our corporate giving program, including funding guidelines and how to apply, please visit our giving guidelines. Submit your request any time during the year via our online application "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines.". Please be sure your request is submitted a minimum of six weeks prior to the event or print deadline for the event's promotional materials.
Our application accepts requests for:
- Corporate Contributions (Fundraisers/Sponsorships)
- Alaska Airlines Foundation Grants
- Speaking Engagements
We accept requests for in-kind transportation and sponsorships for fundraising events for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Limited resources necessitate focused giving in our communities, and support is generally granted on a one-time basis. Requests that are not eligible:
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Baggage waivers
- Capital projects
- Endowments or Foundations
- General operating expenses
- Individual requests (must be a 501c3 nonprofit request)
- Loans and grants to individuals or private business.
- Multi-year commitment or automatic renewal grants
- Online auctions
- Organizations whose prime purpose is to influence legislation
- Pass-through donations (organizations raising funds for other nonprofits)
- Prizes for incentives
- Publicly or privately funded educational institutions. Most schools – public or private – are eligible for funding through Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air Employee Gift matching Programs.
- Religious, political or fraternal organizations
- School auctions, PTA events, booster clubs, graduation parties are not eligible
- Team events