At Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, we participate in corporate giving. Supporting health and human services, arts and cultural programs, as well as education, environmental, and civic organizations, we focus on communities that will be served now or in the near future. We also prefer to focus on communities where a significant number of our employees live or work. When considering requests, we favor organizations and efforts that are most likely to enhance a community's cultural and economic vitality and improve the quality of life for its citizens.
Objectives of our corporate giving program are:
- Provide support to charitable and cultural organizations within our communities.
- Maintain a reasonable balance of contributions supporting a wide range of organizations.
For more information about our corporate giving program, including funding guidelines and how to apply, please visit our giving guidelines.
Areas of giving
To provide support for a wide range of concerns and needs, our corporate giving program efforts are focused on the following areas:
We regularly respond to the need for health and human services relief, especially in the state of Alaska, where transportation infrastructure limits access to medical facilities. Through in-kind contributions, we assist hundreds of individual emergency and medical transportation needs. Our partnerships with Angel Flight West and the Shriners' Hospitals provide well over 1,000 complimentary passenger seats each year for those needing treatment in another city.
From Make-A-Wish Foundations to Special Olympics, we have established many partnerships within our communities. Our in-kind support of air transportation enables many organizations to raise money and grant special wishes to children. Across our system, our employees use their hearts and hands serving as board members with non-profit organizations, volunteering in their communities, and participating in fundraisers.
Educational institutions and programs that are of key importance to our employees and their families are supported through our employee gift matching and Dollars for Doers programs. Together, at Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, we have supported our employees who are working to enhance the quality of education.
We are proud to celebrate the strength and artistic excellence of the many arts organizations within our communities. Through our giving programs, we focus on both art education and creating increased resources for the arts. We believe that building audiences and generating support for the arts are crucial to the growth of our youth and continued strength of our communities. We are pleased to continue our support for organizations like the Anchorage Symphony and the Sitka Summer Music Festival as well as ArtsFund and PONCHO, who provide funding and services to many arts and cultural organizations in the Pacific Northwest.
We accept requests for in-kind transportation. Limited resources necessitate focused giving. As such, support is generally granted on a one-time basis. At Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air we do not provide support for:
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
- Endowments or Foundations
- Religious, political or fraternal organizations
- Organizations whose prime purpose is to influence legislation
- Individual requests (must be a 501c3 nonprofit request)
- Team events
- Prizes for incentives
- Pass-through donations (organizations raising funds for other nonprofits)
- Online auctions
- Capital projects
- Multi-year commitment or automatic renewal grants
- General operating expenses
- Loans and grants to individuals or private business.
- Publicly or privately funded educational institutions. Most schools - public or private - are eligible for funding through the Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air Employee Gift Matching Programs. School auctions, graduation parties are not eligible.
How to apply
Requests for Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air corporate contributions may be submitted at any time during the year via our online application
. Please be sure your request is submitted a minimum of six weeks prior to the event or print deadline for the event's promotional materials.
Please note that we encourage applications be made online. In order to create a profile and apply for charitable support, you will need an e-mail address. If you do not have an e-mail address you can use Gmail.com or Outlook.com to sign up for a free account—or you can obtain an account from many other internet providers.
Free computer access is available to the public at most libraries and colleges. If you do not have access to a computer to complete this process, please contact:
For Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air requests benefiting the lower 48/international/Hawai'i:
Ms. Barbara J. Johnson
Manager, Community Relations - Corporate Giving
P.O. Box 68900
Seattle, WA 98168
For Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air requests benefiting the state of Alaska:
Tim R. Thompson
Manager, Public Affairs - Alaska
4750 Old International Airport Road
Anchorage, AK 99502